Class Teacher (KS1 OR KS2) (MPS) Full Time Temporary to Cover a Maternity Leave
The governors of St Peter’s Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher who will have an understanding of and empathy with the Catholic ethos of our school. St Peter’s is a two form entry multi-cultural primary school in Gloucester city.
St Peter’s is a good school (Ofsted 2018) with high aspirations for every child to be a successful learner. We are looking for a class teacher (KS1 OR KS2) with flair, creativity, expertise and a passion for teaching and learning. A strong teaching profile in English and Maths is essential as is the ability to instil a love for learning within each pupil.
Please note that you do not need to be a Catholic, but we ask that you are fully committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of our school and will play a full part in promoting the Catholic mission of the school. We are looking for a teacher who is:
• An outstanding, innovative and creative practitioner with high expectations of all children
• Highly motivated and committed to excellence
• Able to inspire and motivate children to learn and achieve
• Ready for fresh challenges
• An enthusiastic team player
We will offer you:
• A welcoming, multi-cultural and inclusive school community with a strong Catholic ethos
• Children who are happy and eager to learn and achieve
• A supportive, loyal and committed school team led by passionate leaders
• Stakeholders who work well together and are committed to raising standards
• An exciting chance to join a good school and develop your career.
Visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (01452 524792) to arrange an appointment. Further information and a CES application form can be obtained from the school website www.st-peters-pri.gloucs.sch.uk or by emailing the school as above.
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 10th May 2019 Interview Date: Friday 17th May 2019 Start Date: 1st September 2019.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.